About Dr Marlyn
- A strategic, innovative and visionary leader, with strong organization and strategic relationship building skills; transformational change-agent with political acuity and robust record of success within the Strategic Policy, Planning and Stakeholder Relationship Management in the Public, Private and Not-For-Profit Sectors.
- A collaborative, systems-thinker and development planner with strong determination to lead the growth and development of an organization into success by facilitating change focused on strategic priorities and stakeholder dialogue.
- A Dynamic Corporate Transformation Leadership and Management Coach and a Women, Parent and Youth Empowerment coach and mentor, with special focus on parent coaching for raising conscious, resilient and successful children.
- An Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building Expert.
- A Legislative Reviewer and Legislative Drafter, Curriculum Developer, Educator, Certified Professional Coach and Transformation Coach Trainer.
- PhD in Planning and Development Studies-University of London, UK
- M.Sc. (Econ,) in Urban Development Planning-University of London, UK
- BA (Hons,) Geology and Geography -Double Major-University of the West Indies
- LLB (Hon) Bachelor of Law-University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Diploma in Education-University of West Indies
- Certificate in Legislative Drafting-Boston University (USA)
- Teachers’ Certificate-Shortwood College, Jamaica
- Certified Professional Coach-Wainwright Global and the Strategic Learning Alliance Institute-California
- Certificate in Social and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Certificate in Strategic Project Management
Scholarships & Awards and Recognitions
- A member of the select pool of Expert Trainers and Researchers on the Prevalence of Domestic Violence on Women and Girls UN-WOMEN-CARIBBEAN
- An awardee- Canada’ Top 100 Black Women to watch in 2016, Identified as a pioneer and catalyst. cibwe.ca
- International Women Achievers Award for 2017- (Women in Business Award), iwaawards.net
- International Vigor Awards Unsung Heroes Awards (-International Volunteer Awardee) – 2018, Canada.
Professional Connections and Accountabilities
- Founder, Managing Director, and Lead Consultant of Morris Training and Consultancy Services, Scarborough Ontario,
- Founder and Director of Programs, Ontario College for Development Training, Unit #209, 1085 Bellamy Road North Scarborough, Ontario, ON M1H3C7, email@example.com; ontariocollegetraining.org
- Co-Founder & Director of Programs, Inspiring Life Solutions, Unit #209, 1085 Bellamy Road North, M1H3C7 firstname.lastname@example.org; https://www.inspiringlifesolutions.com; Tel:- 647-869-940
- Chairman Emeritus, Caribbean Council for Economic Development, ccfed.net
Significant Voluntary Work
- She volunteers her time towards coaching and mentoring women for academic and career success. Dr Morris is committed to helping women develop resiliency, economic enterprises, and strong families.
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Immigrant Women in Business (IWB) of Toronto. www.immigrantwomeninbusiness.com, which is dedicated to helping Immigrant Women in Business to succeed through training, networking to develop meaningful business and personal partnerships, helping grow their core competencies and business through strong personal and professional development training seminars, mentorship programs to develop future global leaders and grow their business.
- Since 2011-Chairman Emeritus of the NGO, Caribbean Council for Economic Development (CCFED); http://www.ccfed.net This is s USA registered Not for Profit Organization dedicated to the advancement of private sector entrepreneurial development, regionally, nationally and among the Diaspora communities of peoples of Caribbean origin.
- Since 2016, Voluntary Program Coordinator, R.E.S.T- (Brampton)-An Agency Promoting youth enterprise development and sustainable living, and restoration of homeless youth, Toronto, with special focus on those transitioning out of care.
- Since 2016, volunteer Team member to establish the Seniors Empowerment Assistance Centre (SEAC) of Peel Region, A volunteer member of the Board of Directors and its Volunteer Program Coordinator.
- 2015-2019 Governance Commissioner of the Ontario National Alliance of Black School Educators.
- Was the Vice-President and Strategic Advisor of the Black Business and Professional Association (BBPA) of Toronto (2014-2016), where she established the Centre of Excellence and Business Incubator and its training programs for Youth Entrepreneurial Training and Business Sustainability programs.
We Aim to
- be a leading personal and professional development, business advisory, training and development services provider for individuals and small to medium-size business enterprises and public, private and Not-for-profit sector agencies; providing quality products and services to international standards that add value to the community.
- be recognized as dynamic, value-based training and development services providers, operated by a skilled motivated and committed management and training facilitation team, capable of ensuring that our participants breakthrough to excellence in organizational and personal performance.
The mission is to create and sustain a competitive, sustainable, customer-focused, employee-driven organization by, providing quality products and services in a safe, efficient and environmentally sensitive manner, whilst recognizing our obligations to our clients.
To realize this goal, we will continuously strive to maintain a position as a premier training and development services provider. The services will be executed through facilitator/key experts who are constantly evolving to achieve their highest potential and are empowering others to do the same. This will not only result in increased productivity but also in the enhancement of personal effectiveness and enterprise efficiency.
We embrace the philosophy that our passion for encouraging positive impacts in the world can be realized by offering services to others through a conscious, heart-aligned business approach that will ignite positive transformational change in others which will promote peace, goodwill and successful living for all those whose lives are touched.
We believe our love of people and our passion to serve in order to live a purposeful life and to assist others in living theirs, will sustain us in whatever activities we chose to express this passion. Consequently, our business services are designed to reflect this philosophy and in the pursuit of these services, we will transform our lives and those we serve so that we can all live our best lives.
Quality assurance is an important success factor for the www.inspiringlifesolutions.com brand.
Benchmarking standards are set from international best practices. Coaching, Mentoring and Training services and materials produced by our trainers have met the standards practice tests, are monitored and evaluated periodically by select quality assurance staff, to ensure professionalism, standards accommodation and application in the training facilitation and implementation processes. All Coaches, Mentors and Trainers must first undergo an intense week of familiarization training, while event facilitators have to then go through a boot camp on the essentials of workshop design and delivery.
Our consultant training facilitators/associates and coaches are multi-skilled in their education and training and as such can be multi-tasked as is appropriate in the efficient management of project assignment tasks. As an added advantage the company can draw upon the experiences of its several international and national experts connected to our company and its affiliate partners. These experts’ function as a “think-tank” for every project and though their input may not be quantifiable in terms of project cost they can be invaluable for making comparisons between best practices and options practised globally that may be considered during project delivery a true team effort.